Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Weekly Roundup: Fresh Spinach And Cows

Photo Of The Week: A beautiful image of a bee pollinating chive flowers


Here's the Weekly Roundup, so you can catch up on all the awesomeness you missed this week... Enjoy!


Say hello to Pluto!


Monday was Embrace Your Geekness Day, the perfect day to geek out about the new Pluto pictures which NASA released. The New Horizon spacecraft took some amazing hi-definition photos of the smallest planet this week. If you'd like to take a look, here's some dazzling pics.


Time to skinny dip?


Tuesday was National Nude Day, a day for cooling off in the summer heat by stripping off all your clothes. I usually enjoy holidays but I don't think I'll be participating in this one in public.


How now, brown cow?


Wednesday was Cow Appreciation Day so I would like to say thank you to all the cows in the world. Without you we wouldn't have wonderful milk, cream, ice cream, cheese, or all kinds of other delicious dairy products. I think a few cows would be the perfect addition to my "farm" someday!


Fresh and green...


Thursday was Fresh Spinach Day. I use spinach a lot in my homemade dog food, as snacks for my birds, and in my own salads and sauces. One of my favorite spinach recipes is Mondo Bizarro, a delicious (and extremely easy!) Italian sauce which is eaten with spaghetti noodles. I love to make it in the summer with fresh spinach and basil out of my own fresh herb pot.


Enjoy your weekends everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment