Saturday, August 1, 2015

The Weekly Roundup: Mutt's Are Awesome!

Photo Of The Week: An adorable mouse resting on a patch of moss!


Saturday is here, once again, and so is your Weekly Roundup of awesomeness! Enjoy...



Taking a walk with your pants


Monday was Take Your Pants For A Walk Day, so it was perfect day to get a little bit of exercise while enjoying the outdoors. Of course, here in Michigan, the weather was a little hot for wearing pants so I had to take my shorts for a walk instead...


Plain vs. chocolate...


Tuesday was National Milk Chocolate Day, celebrating my favorite kind of milk. I won't even touch a glass of plain milk (I am a self-admitted milk hater) but I'll drink chocolate milk without any problem. It might be less healthy but it makes up for it by being 100 times more delicious than plain milk!


A casserole of deliciousness


Wednesday was National Lasagna Day, in honor of the delicious Italian dish. I love lasagna and it's a perfect meal to make in bulk too! I'll cook up a huge pan of lasagna and the leftovers get divided into meal-sized amounts and frozen for an easy home-cooked meal on a day when I'm too busy to make dinner. If you want to make your own lasagna here's a delicious recipe.


Raspberry cheesecake


Thursday was National Cheesecake Day, the perfect excuse to enjoy a rich slice of cheesecake. My favorite is Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake, which is made with caramel, pecans, and (of course) chocolate.


Mutt's rock!


Friday was Mutt's Day, for all the wonderful Mixed Breed dogs in the world. All of us dog lovers know that our favorite four-legged friends don't need a pedigree to be special! All dogs, mixed breed and purebred, deserve a loving home and a happy life. You should consider volunteering at a humane society or animal rescue or donating to a rescue organization in honor of Mutt's Day. All of the dogs will thank you for it!



Enjoy your weekends, everyone! Happy August!

No comments:

Post a Comment