Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Weekly Roundup: This Week In Awesomeness

Photo of the Week: An adorable duckling sunbathing!


Hi, everyone, and happy Saturday! It's time to recap all the excitement which happened this past week!



Smile!

Monday was Smile Power Day so I hope everyone found something to smile about. I know I usually try to smile as much as I can!


Fresh picked radishes...


Tuesday was Fresh Veggies Day and Wednesday was Eat Your Vegetables Day. I celebrated by having a big Chicken and Pineapple Salad on Tuesday and making a delicious fresh Caesar Salad (my favorite) on Wednesday!


Thank you!


Wednesday was Nursing Assistant Day so a huge shout-out to all the nurses and nursing assistants so do such a hard thankless job. We appreciate all you do for your patients and their families every single day!


Go fish?


Thursday was Go Fishing Day and also International Picnic Day. That sounds like so much fun, I'll have to make sure to celebrate that particular holiday next year. Although I can't bear to go fishing usually because I hate hurting any living creatures!


Ramadan feast


Thursday also marked the beginning of Ramadan, an Islamic holy month. During Ramadan Muslims fast every day from sunrise to sunset without eating or drinking. In the evenings and early mornings, after dusk and before dawn, they eat large celebratory meals with their family and friends. Many families have special foods which they prepare during Ramadan. Since my boyfriend is Moroccan I have learned a lot about Ramadan this year, which I find very fascinating. Here's a link if you want to learn more about the month of Ramadan and all it's traditions: Everything you want to know about Ramadan

Ramadan Mubarek! Enjoy your weekends, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment