Sunday, June 21, 2015

3 Reasons Why My Dad Is Awesome!

Happy Fathers Day!


1. He can fix almost anything!

My dad is one of the handiest people I know. He can literally fix just about anything; from the car when it breaks down to kitchen utensils with broken handles or whisks, my dad is the guy everyone turns to when something breaks. I can't count how many times my dad has repaired things for me - from my toys when I was a child to my chicken coop door now - or improved things so that they worked even better than before.

2. He knows just about everything!

My dad is always the first person I go to when I have obscure questions about things. He has an amazing amount of knowledge on just about every topic; trees and plants, sports, cars, even the invention of UPC codes! I almost never have to Google a question, I can just ask my dad.

3. He pulled up the boards on our deck one time so that I could rescue a bird stuck underneath!

One year I found a mourning dove with an injured wing so I took her in. I named her Quinn and took care of her while she recovered. One day she ran through a small hole underneath the deck in front of our house and wouldn't come out. I refused to abandon her so finally my dad unscrewed some of the boards so I could climb down and get her out. When I got under the deck, though, I realized that she had already ran out on her own and was no longer even under the deck. We searched the area and later concluded that she must have been healed enough to fly away. I still sometimes see a dove with a slightly stiff wing eating sunflower seeds that have fallen on the ground under the bird feeders which I think might be Quinn. And my dad has never even complained about dismantling the deck for no reason!

Thanks Dad! And Happy Fathers Day to all those other awesome dads from all around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment