Friday, June 26, 2015

TGIF: Ice Cream And Swimsuits

 I scream for ice cream!


It's Friday which means it's time for TGIF: 5 Things To Be Thankful For This Friday!


1. Ice cream

Ice cream is a summer dessert staple and it's as versatile as it is delicious. Not only can it be eaten in ice cream cones, covered it in sprinkles, and piled it on banana splits, it can be turned into a wide range of amazing desserts. Mint ice cream cakes, baked alaskas, raspberry charlottes, mud pies... I'll have one of each please!



Tiny toads and frogs are another sign of summer!


2. Frogs and toads

Yesterday my dog, Hailey, found a tiny tree frog on my deck. I noticed her standing and pointing at something with her nose so I went over to investigate. It was a miniature green tree frog which was clinging to a table with its tiny suction-cup feet. The frog was so cute I could have brought it in the house and kept it as a pet if it hadn't known it would be happier outside!

 


Bright summer-y nail polish!



3. Nail polish in rainbow hues

No summer outfit seems quite complete without the addition of nail polish in a fun, brilliant color. I especially love shades such as bright pink, lime green, and vivid orange; they always remind me of summer sunsets, pots filled with riots of blooming flowers, and beach towels spread out on the sand.


Cool water and sunny beaches!


4. The first swim of the summer

On Wednesday I finally went swimming for the first time this year! It was one of the hottest days that we've gotten so far - with temperatures in the low 80's - so I finally manned up and got in the water. It was nicer than I expected, the cool water was a bit of a shock at first but once I swam around for a minute I had adjusted to the temperature. I ended up staying in the water for about an hour and had a really good time! Hopefully the weather will stay hot so I can go swimming again soon...




The perfect swimsuit makes a day at the beach even better...



5. Adorable swimsuits

Last year I finally bought a new swimsuit after several years of putting it off. The process of picking one out was actually easier then I had expected and I quickly found one which I liked. It's a two piece tankini with a halter top and a little ruffly skirt on the bottom. The whole suit is an adorable bright pink with little orange polka dots and there's a few little bows on the skirt to make it even more adorable. I actually fell in love with the swimsuit as soon as I saw it and now I smile every time I wear it to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment