Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Weekly Roundup: Chocolate Eclairs

Photo Of The Week: An awesome long-exposure of a waterfall


It's time to recap all the awesomeness from the week with the Weekly Roundup!


Fresh baked pastries...

 
Monday was National Chocolate Eclair Day so I'm going to retroactively celebrate the holiday by baking some eclairs soon. Here's a chocolate eclair recipe if you want to bake some fresh at home!


Pink flowers, too!


Tuesday was National Pink Day which celebrates all things pink. My favorite color happens to be pink so I usually celebrate Pink Day at least once a week! Pink is also a great way to support breast cancer patients and survivors, a cause which is important to me on a personal level. Someone in my family has battled breast cancer for 4 years so I understand its difficulties first hand.


A perfect vacation in a log cabin


Thursday was National Log Cabin Day which reminded me of a vacation I took with my family as a little kid. We went camping in the Upper Peninsula, I think, and stayed in a little log cabin one night. I was too young to remember much of the vacation but I do remember sleeping in a bunk bed in that cute little log cabin!


Salon day...


Friday was National Beauticians Day which celebrates all the beauticians, hair dressers, and makeup stylists in the world. Thank you for always knowing just how to make us look our most beautiful, even when we're not sure ourselves!


Kiss and make up...


Friday was Forgiveness Day, a day dedicated to making the world a more peaceful place by promoting the act of forgiving. To celebrate Forgiveness Day you should try to forgive the people in your life who you are angry at or holding a grudge against. It will make you feel better to let go of all that anger and you might just revive an important relationship which you have been neglecting. As Gandhi said "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment