Thursday, July 23, 2015

'Kicker' Is My Favorite News Source

What's the news?


I've been looking for the perfect online source for news for a long time. I want a website where I can catch up on all the important news of the day in one place, without any bias or political slant. It was harder than I thought to find the perfect news site but I've finally stumbled on a place which satisfies all my requirements and then some.
I stumbled on the website Kicker a few weeks ago and was immediately hooked. Kicker's slogan says it all - "It's not 'news' it's LIFE!'. To quote from their website it is a news source designed to get you "up to speed, really easily and quickly, on what's happening in the world". This was exactly what I found when I visited the site for the first time.

Kicker has a beautiful graphic website which is easy to use and well organized. There are usually two daily posts - The Big Story and The Day In 10. The Big Story is a daily article which takes a comprehensive, easy to understand, and in-depth look at a recent news story. Some of the topics which they have covered lately include analysis of some of the presidential candidates, the Chattanooga shooting, Caitlyn Jenner's speech at the ESPY awards, the Pluto flyby, and the Iran nuclear deal. It's an easy and interesting way to stay informed about the current news issues which are affecting our world today.

The Day In 10 rounds up the ten most important news stories of the day in one article. It gives a great overview of what's been going on during the day. The topics each day are usually widely varied and cover everything from national news to the entertainment stories that everyone seems to be talking about. In a single article I often learn more news than what I gather from looking through ever article on most news websites.

I currently read Kicker every day and I'm more informed about the world than ever! I highly recommend this website to everyone who wants to be more knowledgeable without getting confused or turned off by political bias, confusing stories, or over blown hype. Kicker doesn't try to sensationalize stories or create drama, they just report the facts, not only on the news but also on LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment